Patriot Day Golf Classic:
In remembrance of those lost or personally impacted by the horrific events of September 11, 2001, and in honor of those who protect and serve our communities and freedoms as emergency first responders and servicemen and women of our U.S. Armed Forces, we created this tournament as a fundraiser to benefit local organizations that support wounded warriors and their families, as well as other valued emergency service providers. In 2019 we will play to benefit the YELLOW RIBBON FUND.
- Our Inaugural Tournament in 2014 raised over $11,000, which was divided equally between two worthy organizations: Camp Freedom Ranch and the Ft. Belvoir Wounded Warrior Golf Program.
- In year two, we raised $12,500 to benefit the Fairfax County Emergency Responders who serve our Club and many of our members so well.
- In year three, we grew our net contribution to $20,000 which was split between OPERATION RENEWED HOPE FOUNDATION & LINKS TO FREEDOM GOLF FOUNDATION.
- In 2017 - (year four), with the same two beneficiaries, we again grew our contribution and split just shy of $34,000.
- And last year, with your support, we raised $50,000 which was donated to one organization - OPERATION RENEWED HOPE FOUNDATION.
This year we've set a goal for ourselves to double that contribution. With your help, support and sponsorship...WE WILL!!!
Set your calendar now for the 2019 PATRIOT DAY GOLF CLASSIC!
2019 PATRIOT DAY GOLF CLASSIC
Friday, September 6, 2019
Dear Friends of the Patriot Day Foundation,
Belle Haven Country Club will honor and remember those who were impacted by the tragedies of 9.11.01 by hosting the 6th Annual Patriot Day Golf Classic on Friday, September 6, 2019.
Patriot Day, also known as the National Day of Service and Remembrance, is Wednesday, September 11, 2019. On this day, all Americans will pause to remember and honor the 2,977 people, who lost their lives as a result of the largest act of terrorism ever on US soil. This heinous act launched US initiatives to combat terrorism which have killed or wounded many brave US military service men and women.
Over the past four years, this day of honor and remembrance has held a special spot in the hearts of our Club. We strive every year and hopefully for many years to come to remember those that lost their lives so that they were not lost in vain! Club and Staff Members, guests and the local community will come together united in raising financial support for the selected local organization that assist wounded warriors, military families and/or emergency first responders in our community. Funds will be raised through registration fees from player-participants, corporate and personal donations, and support from local businesses and sponsors. In addition, the golf tournament will feature the sale of mulligans, 50/50 raffle tickets, and both silent and live auctions.
Can’t participate in the golf tournament? Weather permitting, join us at Patio ’24 for our reception following play. You won’t want to miss our keynote speaker Army First Sergeant (ret), Matthew Eversmann, who bravely fought in the Battle of Mogadishu and is forever eternalized in the book and movie, “Black Hawk Down.” Click here to view his biography. His character in the movie was played by actor Josh Hartnett. We will also have live entertainment for the evening with the sounds of pure music from the Borrowed Players band.
The Belle Haven Patriot Day Golf Classic will feature an 18-hole Captain's Choice Step Aside tournament, followed by an Awards and Recognition Reception. The event schedule will be as follows:
11:30am Check-in, registration, lunch before play and warm-ups
12:45pm National Anthem, Color Guard presenting the colors, announcements and Shotgun Start (1:00 pm)
5:00pm Cocktail and Hors d'oeuvres Reception on the Patio
6:30pm Awards and Recognition Program Reception on the Patio
Conclusion of Silent Auction - items awarded
50/50 Raffle drawing
7:30pm Event Conclusion
PARTICIPATION IN THE TOURNAMENT
Our primary objective is to maximize participation in order to raise funds for our beneficiary: Yellow Ribbon Fund. There are four ways to participate and show your support!
1) Sponsorship opportunities - We are promoting sponsorship opportunities to members and local business leaders who own or operate companies and businesses that would be interested in being associated with this event and supporting it financially. Individual donations are also welcomed! See the Sponsorship Program brochure enclosed to view the levels of sponsorship for our 2016 event.
2) Sign up your foursome - There will be a total of 24 foursomes (96 player positions) and the tournament field will fill on a first-reserved (with paid registration), first-served basis until all foursomes are sold out. Foursomes are being offered to BHCC members and Corporate Sponsors first, through August 15, then will open to the public. Executive Assistant, Noelle LoMonaco Hinkle (703) 894-5302/ firstname.lastname@example.org will handle all registrations.
3) Attend the Awards and Recognition Program and Banquet following play - Don't want to play golf? You can still be a part of this outstanding event by purchasing tickets ($75 per person) to the Awards and Recognition Program only.
4) Make a Donation to the Silent Auction – We look forward to raising additional funds for our designated charitable organizations this year through a robust silent auction. Please consider donating items of value, weekend getaways, gift certificates to your business etc… that will benefit our efforts in this regard.
WE NEED YOU to help us produce and execute a successful event on September 7th! Please consider joining us as a financial sponsor, a player-participant, or as an auction item donor.
The Club’s Executive Assistant, Noelle LoMonaco Hinkle, will be the primary point of contact for this tournament, and she will be managing the registration list of player-participants, sponsors and individual supporters. Please feel free to e-mail Noelle at email@example.com (703) 894-5302, to register or get involved. Help us to make our 6th Annual Patriot Day Golf Classic a resounding success!
Thank you for your support!
Christian Potthoff, President
Belle Haven Patriot Day Foundation
Thank you to our 2019 SPONSORS: