Working at Belle Haven Country Club
We welcome you to become a part of our team!
Belle Haven Country Club believes that every employee contributes directly to the member experience and the overall success of the Club. The Club is currently accepting applications for the following positions in our food and beverage operations:
Prior experience in these areas is necessary.
- A la carte servers (Full time and Part Time)
- Bartenders (Part Time)
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
POSITION TITLE: Banquet Captain
REPORTS TO: Banquet Manager / Catering Director
SUPERVISES: Front of House Food & Beverage Employees
STATUS: Full Time
In charge of the set up, production and break down of all banquet functions. Supervise and work banquet functions to ensure member satisfaction through proper food and beverage service and preparation.
1. Work with Catering Director, Banquet Manger and other staff Members to schedule and coordinate personnel for private functions.
2. Develop a detailed plan of prep and post list for all banquets functions.
3. Be the liaison between the Catering Office and Members to ensure all events are well organized and exceed Member’s expectations.
4. Review Banquet Event Order (BEO’S) at the beginning of each shift to ensure room is set as contracted. Confirm and set up A/V equipment for the event as needed.
5. Hold pre function meetings with servers to guarantee smooth service, timing and coordination between front and back of the house.
6. Maintain all equipment and facilities in an organized, clean, and safe environment. Inventory banquet supplies on a bi-monthly basis.
7. Design, train, implement, and maintain themed set ups for banquet functions.
8. Act as Head Waiter in the event of larger parties.
9. Handle member and guest complaints courteously and efficiently.
10. Hire, train, evaluate, and supervise all banquet staff.
11. Inspection of service area in banquets to ensure the highest sanitary, safety and organizational conditions are being met.
12. Assure all functions are properly staffed with trained personnel, even in the absence of the Manager.
13. Assumes closing/opening procedures as needed.
14. Participates in history of functions by writing reports detailing problems and their possible solutions for future parties as well as positive feedback.
15. Meet with all contacts of parties going over the contract that has been provided. Making sure the number, item and set up is seen to prior to the event. Then communicating to the kitchen in the event of a change. Also the proper billing of functions by noting the correct number and or additions to be billed.
16. Develop training classes and structure to continue with professional development of staff.
17. Performs other tasks deemed necessary by the Banquet Manager and/or Catering Director.
18. Must be able to work all weekends and holidays.
Skills Require: Working knowledge of service and bartending is required. Needs to possess good oral and written communication skills. Should be able to lift 50 lbs. Long hours are sometimes required. Supervisor experience preferred.
Applications for Employment
You are invited to fill out an application and e-mail Human Resources
regarding available positions: